International Writing Centers Association / National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing Joint Conference 2014, Florida
“The Wonderful World of Writing Centers”
October 30th – November 1st
Disney Coronado Springs Hotel, Walt Disney World Resort, Florida
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- What “new doors” are you opening in your writing center? What “new things” are you doing? What “new paths” should the writing center community – tutors, administrators, writers — explore? Or avoid?
- How can we use curiosity and creativity to encounter the challenges faced in our writing centers?
- How can we combine new media technologies with creativity and to what ends?
- What are the possible roles of imagination in tutoring? In administration?
- How do we help students, faculty, and administrators reimagine their understanding of literacy, writing, and learning?
Visit the conference website for further information and updates.