The Peer Tutoring Resource Center (PTRC) has quickly risen as a top website for peer tutoring in k-12 thanks to the educators who submit resources and contribute towards the blog. While this site’s main focus is the curation of resources that are beneficial to k-12 peer tutoring practitioners – educators who incorporate peer tutoring methods into their teaching, you’ll find that we present other related topics that are of interest to peer tutoring practitioners. This site also lists resources for topics such as collaborative learning, cooperative learning, project-based learning, deeper learning, character education and other practical teaching strategies.
The PTRC invites educators and experts who have practical experience or in-depth knowledge of the aforementioned topics to write informative articles for our blog. Can’t find your topic of interest? You’re welcome to tell us why your topic would be useful to this site’s audience of k-12 educators.
Here are a few examples of the topics / types of articles that interest our audience:
- Tips for ensuring the success of peer tutoring programs
- Practical ideas for implementing peer tutoring strategies in the classroom / school
- Ideas for incorporating collaborative learning practices in the classroom
- Emerging peer tutoring models (or research) and how they can be applied to the 21st century classroom
- Teaching practices that promote deeper learning
- Student-centered learning
- Character education
- Maker-centered learning
- Project-based learning
- Reading and literacy
- Math content areas
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Lesson plan ideas
- Book reviews (contact us for a list of books we’re interested in)
Do you have a great idea for an article? Submit a proposal by sending a message via the contact form below or email@example.com with the subject line: Article Pitch. To speed up the review process, it would be helpful if you include the following information with your proposal:
- A few sentences about your topic
- Why you believe the topic is relevant to the PTRC audience
- Why the topic is timely
- Potential title for the article
Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!